Month in Review: October 2015
Without further ado, let's get this month in review started.
All that to say, since I don't have much to share in this section, I thought I'd share some of the recent cover's I've spotted that I didn't feature in a cover candy post.
2. Funko: Why didn’t someone tell me how cute these Pop! figures were!? Like, how cute are they?! During my last book store run I happened to see a fairytale table featuring Anna from Frozen. That led to my searching out the section of Funko figures were I discovered everything from Olaf to Marvel superheroes. Hard as it was to decide, I went with Agent Carter and have since added Oliver Queen to my collection.
TV REVIEW: Supergirl, Season One "Pilot" (2015)
1. The Age of Adaline (2015): Could there be a more gorgeous film?
2. 'Gilmore Girls' Returns: So. Excited. 'Nuff said.
4. Love in the Details by Becky Wade: Sweet, and everything I'd expect from Becky.
5. While You're Awake by Amber Stokes: Yes, this did make it into the more popular posts, but anytime I get to write about one of Amber's new novellas or books is a pleasure. I really enjoyed this lovely.
October 2015 (Month)
1. Giveaway ǀ Not One but Two Giveaways! (Closed)
3. Book Giveaway ǀ Luther and Katharina (Closed)
4. While You're Awake by Amber Stokes
5. Cover Reveal: While You're Awake
The week of October 24th - 31st
2. Book Giveaway ǀ Luther and Katharina (Closed)
...Around the Interwebs...
Silver Petticoat: Over on Silver Petticoat, the goal has been to help the owners (these girls wear a lot of hats including editors and writers) build up their period drama archive. My part in that this month involved reviewing adaptations of Jane Austen’s Emma. Last month you may recall I reviewed ITV’s version. This month I finished my contributions with Mixamax’s Emma and BBC’s 2009 miniseries. I enjoyed revisiting all of these adaptations and reading the reactions to the adaptations. I also was able to write another installment in their Classic Romantic Moment series and chose Penelope to spotlight. I seriously adore that film. Every time I watch it, I think it becomes more beautiful.
This past Thursday I also took advantage of a new platform to write about Warm Bodies. Why is this? Um, I seriously love this little rom-com. True it’s not the ordinary romance, but it’s so darn cute I forgive it its quirkiness not to mention its zombie hero.
What else was I up to on Silver Petticoat? Well, I reviewed a LOT of films over there this month. Finally read a novel by Jodi Meadows, The Orphan Queen. The darling miniseries Our Zoo is my latest review (it's a BBC miniseries based on a true story about the man who opened the first zoo without pens). Other films included: Kate Beckensale's Cold Comfort Farm (this is hilarious if you've not seen it); Easy A; 1940 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice; and finally Chris Evans directorial debut Before We Go which is really a lovely little romance.
That's the month in review here at Dreaming Under the Same Moon. Have any thoughts, favorite finds or reads from the month? Share if you'd like.
I hope your October was brilliant, friends and that with November just around the corner you enjoy a whole new season of splendor and thankfulness. Have a wonderful new month.