Month in Review | March 2016
Hello, blogger friends! I do hope your March has been a wonderful one. It’s been a strange month here. One day temperatures reach the high 50s and the following day, we get a dusting of snow that, though it doesn’t stick around, does cover the ground. Then, the next week, we’re back into the 60s with a bright sunshine and later, rain that, yes, smells like spring. But then, that’s the Midwest in the “transition season.”
Another month’s close means another “month in review” here on Finding Wonderland.
…..Favorites from Month 2016…..
1. B&N | After months away, I finally got to B&N again this past month. What was most fun about this trip though was spotting Rachel McMillan’s novel on the shelves! Who’d have thought I’d someday find a book blogging buddies novel on one of my bookstore treasure hunts. Let me tell you, it was quite fun!
Plus, it always didn’t hurt that I got squeezed in a trip to Starbucks too.
2. Brooklyn | Finally saw this 50s era period film... and cannot wait to write about it!
5. INSPYs | Not only have I and my amazing fellow board members been busy bees reading, today is the final day to apply for a spot on a judging panel. If you’re a book blogger and would like to apply to be a judge (it’s a simple yet really fun judging task), go ahead and apply! If you’re chosen to judge, you’ll be choosing the winning book (out of five novels) in one of seven categories.
…..Favorite Blog Posts…..
(Blog posts that, while not necessarily the most popular, were fun to write)
1. Ant-Man (2015) | possibly the best Marvel film to date.
2. Bachelor Girl’s Guide to Murder by Rachel McMillan | brilliantly fun sleuthing story about amazing characters set in 1900s Toronto.
3. The Catch: Pilot (2016) | really enjoyed this pilot episode and had fun writing about it.
4. The First Dance | 12 Memorable Romantic Dance Scenes in Film and Television | pure happiness to write about all of these memorable moments.
5. I'll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones | a darling "must read" is Jenny's latest.
…..Monthly Popular Posts (March 2016)…..
…..Popular Posts the Week of March 24th-31st …..
3. War and Peace (2016)
4. Dickensian (2016)
5. The Catch: Pilot (2016)
(as usual, it was a very sad reading month meaning my number was low, but I'll give myself a break since the latter part of my month is involving INSPY reading)
…..Around the Interwebs…..
Silver Petticoat: Following in the footsteps of the norm, I had a fabulous month over on Silver Petticoat. Mainly this might have been because I had opportunity to review two box office films, both of which I loved.
My contributions for the month included film reviews of the following films The Divergent Series:Allegiant (the third of four YA adaptations, this one based on Veronica Roth’s novel of the same name); Karen Kingsbury's The Bridge, Part 2; The Majestic (an oldie but goodie, this one's about a scriptwriter in the 50s who loses his memory); My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (yes, 14 years later, a sequel was released); The Prestige (a terrifying Hugh Jackman period drama).
TV Reviews | And Then There Were None (the latest British adaptation of an Agatha Christie novel); The Catch (ABC's new Thursday night drama); Dickensian (a unique BBC period drama that crisscrosses the lives of famous Dickens characters).
Articles | I previewed (today) the upcoming box office releases; wrote a list of 12 Memorable First Dances in Film and TV; took a behind the scenes look at the art of cover design by chatting with Anna and the French Kiss (redesign) cover designer Lindsey Andrews.
Recaps | My latest series of TV recaps featuring When Calls the Heart. So swing by every Monday if you want to chat about Sunday night's episode.
If you're curious to see what else I've reviewed or written about over on Silver Petticoat, you can see my archived articles on the Silver Petticoat page of this blog.
That is #FindingWonderland Blog's Month in Review.
What new discoveries or favorite finds did you discover?
Share any of your fun finds or thoughts down below. Always thrilled to chat with you, friends.