Top Ten Tuesday | In the Good Ole Summertime
Happy Memorial Day, readers and friends! I trust you all enjoyed a safe, happy and wonderful holiday weekend. Hard to believe it’s now over. With May 30th coming and going on our calendar, the unofficial start of summer has begun in earnest. We’re now deep into the season of picnics, BBQ, pool parties and all those other lazy days that feel so good during the humid summer months.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday meme doesn’t really aptly apply to moi since I don’t go to the beach (I know), plus I don’t really know what defines a good “beach read.” For my purposes, I’m going to look at a beach read as a lighthearted, fun contemporary. Everyone seems to like contemporary in the summer, right?
Broke and Bookish May 31st Topic
Beach Reads Week
top ten great beach reads, ten books I plan to read on the beach, ten beach reads for those who don't like typical ~beach reads~, ten authors who are my go-to for beach reads, etc.
This list is a mash up variety. Here’s why. (A) it’s partially a list of books I’d like to read this summer (and is therefore a kind of summer TBR) (B) it’s a selection of books I’d imagine WOULD be good beach reads and (C) a few of these I actually DID read, and they seem ideal candidates for a day at the beach. Let’s get this party started.
1. The Lady and The Lionheart by Joanne Bischof | Including this stunner because it’s on my must-read TBR, and it looks gorgeous! It’s online in August. So, don’t miss it. Amazon | Goodreads
2. The One by Kiera Cass | Yes, it’s an embarrassment how often these show up on my Top Ten Tuesday posts. Why? Well, because, obviously, this means I’ve still in need of reading these final series beauties. A “guilty pleasure” read seems the optimal kind of YA read to enjoy on the beach. Amazon | Goodreads
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han | I’ve long since wanted to read a novel by Jenny Han. This one sounds like something altogether lovely to start with, and seems to mesh well with a beach read theme. Amazon | Goodreads
4. Just One Summer (Novella) | This novella collection is pure summer delight from beginning to end. Think Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants only we never get to "see" these besties together. Amazon | Goodreads
5. I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones | I've bragged about this novel quite enough as far as my readers are likely concerned, but methinks it could always use a bit more. Amazon | Goodreads
6. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson | Aren’t all of Morgan’s perfect “beach reads”? This one was really cute. Amazon | Goodreads
7. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | Cannot wait to add this one to my collection. The design is so fun and colorful, which immediately catches your eye! Plus, this one sounds like fun too.
8. Of Dubious and Questionable Memory by Rachel McMillan | Yes, this one was on my list just last week, but since I fully intend to read it this summer and it releases in June, I simply “had” to add it again. Amazon | Goodreads
9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins | As usual, I’m dying to, and haven’t yet, read this novel. If it’s HALF as good as ‘Anna,’ I’m going to be one happy reader. Amazon | Goodreads
10. Summer Days and Summer Nights by Stephanie Perkins (Edited and co-authored) | I’ve read some not-so-good things about this novella collected. However I really enjoyed the Christmas collection, so reading this one (at some point) seems a must. Amazon | Goodreads
11. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler | Don’t know a thing about this one except that it sounds interesting – and, I mean really, could there be a more perfect YA “beach read” than one about mermaids!?
12. From the Start by Melissa Tagg | Super cute story. Super cute book. Super fun author! Don’t miss this one. Amazon | Goodreads
13. Her One and Only by Becky Wade | Nearing the end of this one now. It’s sassy, smart and superb. What more could you ask for in a romance novel? Watch for a review (plus GIVEAWAY!) later this week. Amazon | Goodreads
Your turn. What books can you toss my way for beach read recommendations! I want to hear them all. Leave your Top Ten Tuesday posts if you joined in. I’d be glad to visit.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.