Top Ten Tuesday | World Wide Web Love
Today’s Top 10 Tuesday meme asks us to celebrate the websites that (aren’t about books) we most frequent. Coming up with ten sites that I visit wouldn’t have been hard had it not been for that parenthesized proviso. Still, I had fun thinking “outside the box.”
Broke and Bookish May 10th Topic
Ten Websites I Love That Aren't About Books (you could go specific and do like top ten favorite food/travel/craft/fitness blogs I follow, 10 websites I visit daily, 10 fun websites I waste a lot of time on etc.)
Some of these are stretching it a tiny bit since they are places where bookish goodness can be found, but there is also plenty of things outside of that, so yeah, there is that. Have a look below at what sites made my list.
1. Amazon | Amazon is my “go-to” shopping emporium. Anytime my mom and I are looking for something, we always go back to this with the phrase, “I wonder if Amazon would have …” Usually, they do. Of course, I’m also a BIG Amazon fan for all of my book purchases. Since I don’t get to B&N as often as I’d like, there’s nothing more convenient than Amazon when book shopping.
2. Baker by Nature | I’m not what anyone would call a “foodie,” but in the last six months, I’m really enjoyed discovering new recipes. Baker by Nature is one of the sites I frequent.
3. Etsy | Yes, I know Etsy is also a kind of “bookish” site, but not really because you can find so much more. I never visited Etsy (or rarely) - probably because I was VERY afraid, until my mother and I opened a shop. Now, I’m always wondering if it can be found on Etsy. Still undecided if this is a good or bad thing.
4. Freckled Fox | Emily’s lovely site is a wonderful place to hang out. She’s lifestyle blogger and mom of five who I “met” way back when I first started blogging. Back then her posts were recipes and hair tutorials. Now, her normal is something different. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer, so her site has been more of a place to update everyone on his health and treatments. Each time I read a new post from her, my heart goes out to her and her lovely family. Many prayers and thoughts to the Meyers family.
5. Girl Versus Dough | For not being a “foodie,” I sure did include a lot of food bloggers on this list, didn’t I? I’m including this site because this is where I found a biscuit recipe that actually (halfway) turns out for us! Biscuits are something we’ve struggled perfecting, so it’s nice to find one that edible.
7. Sally’s Baking Addiction | Sally’s site introduced me to my favorite muffin recipe. Ever. Needless to say, I’m a fan… and speaking of which, I believe rhubarb muffins are on this week’s breakfast menu.
(Plus, I found a fun funfetti (from scratch) cake recipe here too!)
8. Silver Petticoat | I might be a bit biased including this site since I also contribute to it, but hey, I’m going for it. The editors put 110% into making this site as fun and professional as they can, and it shows. They’ve put together a unique site that has a unique focus. Shout-out and thanks to them, and my fellow contributors. It’s been so much fun working with you all.
9. Target | Don’t judge. I really like Target’s lifestyle items or their “fashion” sense. Whether it be decorative items or their clothes, I’m a fan.
10. Taste and Tell | White chocolate Macadamia pie? Funfetti donuts? Think these sound yummy? You can find these recipes and more on Deborah’s website!
Your turn. What sites are bookmarked on your computer? Where do you like to shop or where do you find your most helpful blogging tips? Or, if you like, I wouldn’t object (in the least), if you were to share about the bookish websites you most like to visit.
Comment down below with your thoughts, and as always, leave your Top Ten Tuesday blog links. I’d be glad to visit.
Happy Top Ten Tuesday, friends.
Thank you, as always, for visiting Finding Wonderland.