Month in Review | July 2016
Hello, blogging world and friends. How has July been for you? We're a full month into summer (in terms of the calendar's official proclamation) and hours away from welcoming August 2016. Goodness. Back to school sales are headlining the flyers and with it another round of hot and humid air is promised in the Midwest. Needless to say, most of us are poised to soak up those final days and rays of summer.
Thanks to you all, Finding Wonderland enjoyed another great month (shout-out to everyone who visited this past Wednesday when we had a really good day... thank you), and with another month’s close, another “month in review” is ready.
Let’s take a look.
…..Favorites from July 2016…..
2. Finding Wonderland | August marks a blogoversary for this space, so we're celebrating this year. Though this is unusual, I thought it'd be fun plus giveaways are in the works. Stay tuned. One or two of them might pop up later in the week.
3. Gilmore Girls | YAY! Gilmore Girls news. November, here we come.
4. Instagram #BookChallenge | Participated in my first Instagram (@Rissi006)#Bookstagram challenge, and how much fun was it!? Thanks to Emilie of Create Explore Read for the creative challenge. I enjoyed it not only as a creative outlet, but a chance to see some beautiful new IG accounts. Also, all I have to say is, thank goodness for editing software! Otherwise, my hand would have crept into a few too many of these shots. *wink*
Have you ever joined an IG challenge?
5. Sherlock | That's right, the four season teaser dropped at Comic-Con this past month. Who else is beyond excited!? It looks amazing. Enough said.
6. Zootopia | Finally saw Disney's latest animated gem. #CutenessOverload
…..Favorite Blog Posts…..
(Blog posts that, while not necessarily the most popular, were fun to write)
1. Five Magic Spindles - Sleeping Beauty, Re-Told | I had the pleasure of reviewing this novella collection thanks to one of the five authors (Rachel Koviciny) and each story was a delight from opening page to ending word.
Rachel's novella (The Man on the Buckskin Horse) was especially inventive and every page was precisely her; the love she has for westerns and vintage things was perfectly driven home in each plot and word. Well done, Rachel.
…..Monthly Popular Posts (July 2016)…..
…..Popular Posts the Week of July 24th - July 31st…..
…..Books Read | July 2016…..
…..Around the Interwebs…..
Silver Petticoat: As usual, another fun month was had over on Silver Petticoat. It was a slower month in terms of the amount contributed, but no matter. I still thoroughly enjoyed the experience. As I always do. Let’s take a quick look at what I’ve reviewed or contributed.
Articles and Lists | I was able to preview Summer (July-September) at the box office - lots of period drama bliss on the list. My most recent contribution was a list of 10 Memorable and Romantic Film Proposals (period drama list to come) and of course, I loved every second of this "work" related task.
Film and TV Reviews | Aussie mystery series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries are as clever as they are well acted and produced; The 40s classic romcom is on full display in Deanna Durbin's (if you like classic film, and have never seen any of her films, they're worth the extra effort to track down) His Butler's Sister; If you can believe it, I'd never seen Serendipity, so I turned that into an opportunity to review it; finally I also reviewed Kerstin Gier's popular novel, Ruby Red in Silver Petticoat's YA Tower.
TV Recaps |
None this month! We'll see what the fall TV season brings. What would you most list to see recapped?
As always, thanks to the editors of Silver Petticoat and my fellow contributors! Working with you all is always fun.
That’s an end to the month here at #FindingWonderlandBlog. What was your bookish, blogging or life like this past month? Did you discover any new (and amazing) authors or reads? How about new bloggers? Or must-try new finds? Comment down below with your thoughts! As always, I’d love to chat with you.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.