Top Ten Tuesday | A Girl and an iPod (aka My First #Booktube Video - Sort of)
Much as I love reading, one of my other loves is music. This is why today, rather than focus on reading, we swerve off topic. Here’s what the official Broke and Bookish topic asked us to do when considering the audio side of being a reader.
All About Audio freebie -- aka top ten audiobooks you should listen to, 10 books I want to listen to on audio,10 bands you should check out, 10 podcasts you should be listening to, 10 of my all-time favorite albums, 10 songs I love, really whatever you can come up with.
- Broke and Bookish
With this departure from normal topic, I’m also testing the start of something new. I have published my first #Booktube video. Sort of. As this isn’t a reading subject (for me), it’s not the traditional “booktube” video, but still… I’m counting it because if I’m consistent with booktube, bookish fangirl-y things will be the theme. But we’ll talk more on that at a later date.
Since I’ve never listened to an audio book - *gasp* - I thought today’s post would focus on something I did like, which is music. Ever since I can remember I’ve loved music and the ways it can inspire. As usual, I’m not following the playbook of rules. Below there is only music listed, but it’s an assortment of songs and albums.
Let's get this musical meme started! (And yes, I am recycling last weeks graphics because, I need time management help.)
1. “Comeback Kid,” The Band Perry | I hadn’t read that TBP had left their record label or that their last single, “Live Forever” (which I loved) didn’t perform well. So when I randomly ran across this new single, I snatched it up quick as you like.
2. Kill the Lights, Luke Bryan | Overall I love Luke’s latest album Kill the Lights. “Razor Blade” is a particularly catchy tune and features Karen Fairchild (of Little Big Town) on the track “Home Alone Tonight.”
3. “From the Ground Up,” Dan + Shay | Though I’d heard of Dan + Shay with the sensation that was their single “19 You + Me,” I’d not heard any of their recent tunes. Then during the spring season finale of Dancing with the Stars, I heard this latest song and loved it. Naturally, I was on iTunes the following day.
4. Breathe In, Breathe Out, Hilary Duff | After years away from the music industry, Hilary Duff returned with this solid effort. One of my favorites? “Confetti.”
5. “Castle,” Halsey | I don’t listen to a great deal of Halsey’s music, but I heard this one in The Huntsman film during the closing credits and walked away knowing I simply had to find the song.6. “Stranger than Fiction,” Katharine McPhee | Before she played on Scorpion as one half of hashtag team #Waige, Katharine was an accomplished singer. She recently released another album, and this is one of my favorite songs. Ask me why and I won't be able to say. But it is.
7. “Almost,” Megan and Liz | LOVE this song so much.
8. Wildfire, Rachel Platten | Pretty much every song on this album is a new favorite. Everything from the breakout hit “Fight Song” to “Superman” is on repeat.
9. 1989, Taylor Swift | Yes, I'm still obsessed with this album.
BONUS! Recent Finds
1. ‘History’ (Lauren Alania)
2. ‘Fresh Eyes’ (Andy Grammer)
3. ‘Through Your Eyes’ (Britt Nicole)
4. ‘Hate to See Your Heart Break’ (Paramore and Joy Williams)
5. ‘Coming Home Soon’ (Andy Woodall)6. ‘Unsteady’ (X Ambassadors)
#BookTube, Top Ten Tuesday
So, below is my little booktube video. I’ll admit, it was tons of fun to create, piece together and edit. I’m in serious danger of finding yet another “addiction” for my creative orientated personality. As a new blogger to booktube, I don’t know if I'll be able to be consistent with Booktube because for me that's a must. But I thought I'd try it and see what happened.
What songs are you currently jamming to on your iPod? What advice would you have for me (about booktube)? Or tell me all about the topic you chose today! Comment down below with all of your
thoughts and bookish fun! I'd love to read your comments.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland