Month in Review | October 2016 Of Books, Bookstagram and Period Dramas
Say what!? Another month in 2016 is “in the books.” I’m beginning to think there is some sort of sieve that draws the past 10 months into some kind of “time oblivion.” Or maybe it’s a portal. Who knows. I have no answers, but do know thing: November first is knocking on our door.
Another month’s close means another “month in review” here on Finding Wonderland. Let’s take a look.
« Favorites from October 2016 »
1. BookstagramChallenge | Our first #WishfulWonder Instagram challenge is nearly at its end. And it was a fun success! Shout out and thanks to everyone who joined in with Tressa and I. Our November challenge begins - when else!? *grin* - November 1st! Read all the details in our introductory post.
2. Booktube | My Booktube endevors continued this past month with new "What Readers are Saying" videos, more Top Ten Tuesday fun, and today? Today, I share my October Book Haul video. In which I ramble on (and on) about the books I read and/or added to my bookshelf.
3. Dancing with the Stars | Still enjoying this, my "guilty pleasure" reality TV. Let's go, Laurie, James and Calvin!
4. The Legend of Tarzan | Finally saw this, and since I gushed enough about it in exhibit A and exhibit B, I'll just say this: It will probably be one of my favorites of 2016!
« Favorite Blog Posts »
(Blog posts that, while not necessarily the most popular, were fun to write)
1. Conviction - Hayley Atewell's Second Chance | The pilot of this show was strong. Here's hoping it continues.
2. Jericho - ITV's Lush and Romantic Western Period Drama | LOVE(lovelove) this now-cancelled ITV drama. It's pure magic in a more realistic kind of way.
3. No Tomorrow - CW's Charming and Zany Romantic Comedy | I DID enjoy this... or to be more specific, the pilot I enjoyed. Sadly, I felt a "disconnect" in the second episode. Plus, some of the humor is "off." Still, I enjoyed writing about this one!
4. Seasons of Blogging | On Why I don't Discuss Politics - I enjoyed (or perhaps that's not quite the right word!?) discussing why I don't discuss things like politics on Finding Wonderland. For me, it was an interseting thing to think about and make discoveries even I did realize as I put words to paper.
5. Unblemished by Sara Ella - A Mark that Signifies Power. A Girl Caught in the Middle | An excellent urban fantasy and fairytale (lots of Beauty and the Beast) debut by booktube-r Sara Ella! Go read it.
« Monthly Popular Posts »
1. Book Giveaways | YALit Books + Swag (Closed)
5. Top Ten Tuesday | Characters with Unique, Fabulous and Awesome Names (AKA, The Characters I Remember)
« Popular Posts the Week of October 23rd-30th »
« Books Read | October 2016 »
* If you want the technical talk of the "books read" this month, I haven't quite finish
« Around the Interwebs »
Silver Petticoat | The fun of contributing to the fabulous Silver Petticoat website continued in October. For me, it was a wonderful month. I wrote some articles that I really enjoyed putting together plus loving the topic helped. Here’s what I contributed to the archives.
Articles and Lists | I absolutely LOVED putting together a list of 20 Period Dramas Perfect for All Hollow's Eve. Even NOT being a Halloween fan, I still enjoyed looking up Gothic period dramas, and even discovering one or two new titles to interest me. (This "job" is tough, but someone's gotta' do it, right!? *smile*)
I previewed Hallmark Channel's Fall Harvest. Then, straight from fall to winter, went into the Christmas movies! Since there are over 20 new premieres as part of Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas campaign, I put together a "part 1" list of the upcoming new originals.
One of my best surprise movies of this month (which I discuss earlier on this page) was The Legend of Tarzan. Naturally I turned that love into an article with a Romantic Moment of the Week between Jane and John.
Film and TV Reviews | Jericho was my big "discovery" of the month, sadly ITV has since cancelled it; After years of it being on DVD, and praised by friends like Amber (of Seasons of Humilty), one of my recent watches was Kate and Leopold; Finally saw and reviewed The Legend of Tarzan; The Mystery of a Hansom Cab is an Australian mystery that, in my opinion, is really quite good.
The one novel I reviewed was Kiera Cass' The Siren!
TV Recaps | None this month. (The plan is to recap a period drama come January.)
As always, thanks to the editors of Silver Petticoat and my fellow contributors! Working with you all is always fun.
That’s a wrap on the month here at #FindingWonderlandBlog. What was your bookish, blogging or life like this past month? Did you discover any new (and amazing) authors or reads? How about new bloggers? Or must-try new finds? Comment down below with your thoughts! As always, I’d love to chat with you.
Wishing you a splendid rest of this autumn season.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.