Top Ten Tuesday | Let’s Go Shopping (aka A Book Nerd’s Gift Shopping Guide)
Thanksgiving is over. The turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing has been consumed. The leftover pie has been enjoyed over the weekend. Millions of shoppers have been out on Black Friday, and in some cases checked off their entire Christmas lists. Then there’s me. The extent of my Christmas shopping consists of – wait for it, one whole book.
Broke and Bookish November 29th
Holiday Gift Guide freebie
(ten books to buy the YA lover in your life, 10 books to buy for your dad, etc.)
This is why today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic comes at the perfect time. The idea is when I “make the rounds,” visiting all of your blogs and lists, perhaps I’ll be inspired. Although to be entirely honest, I did partake in a bit of Black Friday shopping, in the classy stylings of a hot-mocha-pajama-clad-Internet kind of shopping day.
Nonetheless, I’m in my (figurative) hair-pulling out stage of panic. So, yeah, things need to be set in motion. For now, let’s have a look at the things I recommend for those book lovers in your life. One of which I’ll admit to being biased about. But we’ll get into that a little further down the page.
1. First and foremost, for the book lover shop for Books | Obviously this is a no-brainer. We’re proud book nerds, so adding books to our bookshelves is kind of an obsession.
2. If there’s a Vintage Soul or Book Collector on your list shop for (Special Editions of) Books | For example the Puffin in Bloom collection (as seen in my Booktube video) is stunning. They’ve released a handful of classics with Little Women being the lone edition I own from this collection.
3. If you have a book nerd on your list, shop Society 6 shop EvieSEO | Evie has a fabulous shop full of the ideal book nerd items. This includes pillows, clothing and for the tech lover, phone cases or laptop cases!
4. If you have someone who loves Pop Culture shop for Funko Pops! | I confess, never in a million years did I intend to become “addicted” to collecting these. In fact I swore to myself I never would. But one purchase turned into two, and of course, when I had Peggy (aka Agent Carter), she had to have her Captain. Then, of course, I had to own Hawkeye and then, well, you get the idea.
5. For the Book Collector on your list pick up a Gift Card | I know some people don’t like this – from both a shopper and giftee’s (is this even a word?) perspective. No one who shops for me (with exception to my mother) likes to gift me a gift card for (what I guess) means one of two reasons a.) they think it means they don’t care or b.) they’d rather “control” what they give. I couldn’t be more thrilled with a gift card. I understand the dilemma, but for me, it’s so much nicer because there’s no way my family knows the books I own and what I don’t.
6. For the Bookmark Collector shop for Gilmore Girls Bookmarks | There is no more perfect time than now to shop for Gilmore Girls stuff. This Etsy shop, The Oy In Poodle Shop, is a fun one!
7. For the TV Show aficionado shop for Gilmore Girls Show | If you have Gilmore Girls fan on your list, go ahead, and buy the TV seasons. I mean, sure you can watch them on Netflix, but you know you really want to own the physical sets. For reasons.
8. For the Jewelry Lover on your list shop Baubles, Beads and Stuff | Yes, this is the Etsy shop I co-own with my mother. But before you wonder at my self-promotion, I don’t feel guilty in adding this to the list since a good portion of our shop features designs from my talented mother. She finds the time to design whereas I’m more technical support; while I am a designer, right now I function as the behind-the-scenes, “everything” girl, and ensure that the shop and social media keeps running.
9. If you have a Cinema Fan on your list, shop for Movies | More specifically, shop for movies made from books. Likely I’m in the minority, but I usually wind up liking the film every bit as much as the book. Search Finding Wonderland's 'Adaptation' tag for, you know, ideas. *smile*
10. If there’s a British TV Fan on your list, shop for Sherlock | This has to be – bar none – one of THE best TV shows ever. It’s smart, clever and brilliantly acted.
FINDING WONDERLAND ON BOOKTUBE
FINDING WONDERLAND ON BOOKTUBE
That’s it for this edition of Top Ten Tuesday. What type of gift guide did you put together? Do you like any of the items I’ve featured here or are you obsessed with anything similar - *cough* like Funkos *cough* - as I am?
Comment down below with your favorite ideas, and as always leave your Top Ten Tuesday links! I’d be glad to visit your bookish havens.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.