Top Ten Tuesday | Color Your Bookshelf! (aka More Random Books From My Shelf)
Another Tuesday has arrived and with it another edition of Top Ten Tuesday seems the “rule” of publication on Finding Wonderland.
Broke and Bookish March 7 | Freebie Topic
Since the ladies over at Broke and Bookish are again taking another breather for a second week, I am left (again) to discover a random topic. I have some ideas for topics that are, shall we say, a bit more time extensive not to mention deserving of more thought. But as is my usual dilemma, I waited too long to put this together (also I thought the new Top Ten Tuesday schedule was going to be up). This means that I was looking for an easy something bookish to put together. These things happened in my quest to do this.
Putting together a list of Dystopian novels on my shelf came to mind.
I told myself, “Put together that feature you had planned that involves spotlighting characters.”
I didn't. I read. I blogged about other things. I wrote articles. I binge watched Emerald City.
In short, I didn’t do this.
Then, I thought, “What’s our Tuesday bookstagram challenge??” (Looking for a bookstagram challenge? Check out my and Tressa's #WishfulWonder challenge!)
The answer to that was a color challenge. The particular color combo is green and navy. Boom! I had my basically-the-same-as-last-week Top Ten Tuesday. The difference? The method in which I found the books to feature. So all I’ve done is gone on another mini bookshelf tour by pulling out ten random navy and green colored novels. In the end, this is kind of fun because it allows Finding Wonderland to spotlight books that aren't ordinarily spotlighted here. (Plus I get to ask all of YOU: Which of these do you recommend??)
Let's look at all the navy and green books.
1. Beauty and the Beast | I randomly picked this little book up at Walmart the other day. I mean, that cover?? Amazon | Goodreads
2. Matched by Ally Condie | I’ve read mixed reviews on this series, but I’m still really excited about this one. Amazon | Goodreads
3. Dark Star by Bethany Frenette | A fierce (looking) superhero story?? Um, yes please! I’ll read that. Amazon | Goodreads
4. Where Two Hearts Meet by Liz Johnson | This sweet contemporary romance series not only contains nice, easy read stories, but the setting is a major draw. Pick them up, and be swept up in Prince Edward Island. Amazon | Goodreads
5. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan | With its recent release to paperback, I picked this beauty up not knowing much about it. But THIS COVER! It’s gorgeous, and that’s all I need to know. Amazon | Goodreads
6. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins | Considering how I adored Anna and the French Kiss, reading Isla and Lola’s stories are HIGH on my priorities list. At least my bookish lists. Amazon | Goodreads
7. Submerged by Dani Pettrey | This is not only (possibly) my favorite of Dani’s books, it’s also the first book I read by her (and her debut) plus it served as “the” book that pulled me back towards my love of contemporary suspense. Ps; this beauty is currently free on Kindle! Amazon | Goodreads
8. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth | Mixed reviews seem to be the name of the game for this one. After the hype from Divergent, that’s to be expected. Have you read this novel?? Amazon | Goodreads
9. Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers | Another “newbie” book and author, I remember hearing rave things about this debut back when it released. Alas, I never read it, but since it’s now on my shelf, hopefully I’ll remedy this. Amazon | Goodreads
10. Siren’s Song by Mary Weber | Mary’s epic story comes to its end with Siren’s Song. (PS: LOOK AT THIS COVER!) Amazon | Goodreads
FINDING WONDERLAND ON BOOKTUBE*
Come by and hang out!
Come by and hang out!
*Video goes live TOMORROW.
That’s it for today. What did you feature on this random Top Ten Tuesday freebie? How do you decide what to use on these “your choice” weeks? Comment down below with any and all bookish thoughts! I’d love to chat with you.
Let me know if you have a blog, are a new reader/follower here or participated in Top Ten Tuesday, I’d be glad to come by and visit.
Thank you for visiting Finding Wonderland.
PS: If you're a book blogger who loves reading, please read more about our INSPYs program and considering applying to be a judge.